There was aready much interest from some of you – so here is also official information and “Call to Action” to our expedition to Aconcagua (6,962 meters).
Aconcagua – with 6,962 meters – is the highest mountain of the Andes, of South America and at the same time it’s the highest mountain outside Asia. Aconcagua is located in the Argentine Andes in the province of Mendoza near the border with Chile. It has several glaciers up to ten kilometers long.
About the expedition: I have received an initial request from our guide for reservations for the expedition to Aconcaqua in Argentina. The best time for the expedition is between the years 2021/2022. That’s why we have to start now the pre-reservation to get the best spots. The following key dates and highlights are available:
- Start on Dec 26 2021 with independently organized flight from your country to Chile and a connection flight to Mendoza.
- Application for the permits to climb the mountain
- Continuation of the journey for acclimatization and to the base camp
- After the base camp you can continue only if the medical check was successful (around Jan 1 2021)
- Duration of the tour: probably 21 days
We will be up to 8 pax – and under certain circumstances we can open 2 more spots. As always: it is a tough mountain, for which you must train in advance. For the non-binding pre-registration we need:
- Date of birth
- Membership in local apline/mountianeering clubs (if any)
- Vegatarian: yes/no
The expedition conditions are the same as always:
- The ascent is only possible with a guide. The costs of the guides will be shared by all.
- We have certainly 6 places for Pink Summits team; possibly even up to 10 if the reservations work out well.
- Everyone participates at their own risk and responsibility.
Prices and costs
Without the intercontinental flight the price is around 5,000 USD per person (plus the permits – 500-700 USD p.p.), depending on the route and number of participants. Prices fluctuate extremely a lot for this mountain; the final price will be communicated when a binding reservation is made.
- Transportation in the country by buses and cabs
- Accommodation in simple lodgings / hotels or tents
- Expedition organization, guide and rental equipment if necessary
- Entrance fees for the national park
- Mmountain guides
- Meals during the guided tours
- Permit in Mendoza
- Flight from your location to South America
- Travel accident and health insurance
- Luggage and cancellation insurance
- Meals and drinks not included in the price
- Expenses of personal needs
We will proceed as follows for the pre-registration:
- The pre-registration is non-binding
- First come, first serve
- We will establish a waiting list if needed.
- If the binding reservation is successful, we will take 25% deposit (which we will have to pay immediately for guides).
- Ask if you have any questions. =)
Deadline for final feedback is May 1, 2021 12:30pm via e-mail.